The Realme 8 Pro recently received an OTA update featuring the Android security patch for the month of March 2022 security patch. Now, the company is rolling out the Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 stable update for the Realme 8 Pro smartphone. The handset debuted last year and is now already receiving its first major OS upgrade. Let’s have a brief look at the Android 12 stable update for the Realme 8 Pro.
Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 Now Available for the Realme 8 Pro
The OTA update packs the latest Realme UI 3.0 version that’s based on Android 12; bringing a major upgrade for the Realme 8 Pro. The company hasn’t announced the details of the stable update officially on the community forum but the update is now being rolled out to the users.
This Android 12 based update for the Realme 8 Pro is sized at 3.98 GB and arrives as RMX3081_11_C.13. Moreover, the update features many changes, improvements, and fixes. It includes numerous new Android 12 features and continues the product idea of Seamless Fun, with improvements in design, fluidity, customization, privacy, and functionality.
Realme 8 Pro Realme UI 3.0 Changelog
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, delivers a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamp the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritize information with different colors to make key information stand out.”
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.”
- More creative Always-On Display: Adds realmeow and Portrait silhouette to let you freely express yourself.
- Convenience & efficiency
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
If you are a Realme 8 Pro series smartphone user, you can download the Android 12 update by heading over to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install. You can also download the latest firmware file from realme’s firmware database and flash it manually.