The GT series smartphone is now getting Android 12 and Realme UI 3.0! Well, the GT Neo 2 is, to be precise. But this is only the beginning, and until other GT-branded phones jump on the Realme UI 3.0 bandwagon, we’ll focus on the present.
The Realme GT Neo 2 is receiving the stable Realme UI 3.0 update in India and globally. The brand has updated several smartphones that range from mid-range to high-end this month with the Android 12 update. The update brings all the goodness of Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 including Fluid Space Design and 3D Icons, Spatial Layout interface, Personalization AOD, Omoji, New App Permissions, Approximate Location and more.
Realme GT Neo 2 Gets the Realme UI 3.0 Update
The update will roll out for the Realme GT Neo 2 handset that is updated with the RMX3370_11. A.08. The latest update can be differentiated with an RMX3370_11. C.04 build number on the GT Neo 2. Some of the key changes include optimizations that elevate the performance in daily usage as well as while heavy gaming by reducing CPU load average. This allows for less battery usage, and the overall design of the user interface on the GT Neo 2 gets a revamp, and the update brings many features to the security and privacy department of the device.
Realme GT Neo 2 Update Changelog:
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, delivers a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamp the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritize information with different colours to make key information stand out.”
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.”
- More creative Always-On Display: Adds realmeow and Portrait silhouette to let you freely express yourself.
- Convenience & efficiency
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phones, Mail, and Calendar.
You can try to download it by opening Settings on your GT Neo 2, navigating to the “About phone” section, and tapping “Software update”. You can also download the official firmware files from realme’s website and install the Android 12 update manually on your phone.