The Pro variant in the Realme 8 series received the July 2021 security update a couple of days ago. A few days later, the update was released to some other smartphones including the Realme 7i, Realme C21 and more. Now, Realme has started rolling out the July 2021 security update to the Realme 8 in India.
Realme has released a new software update to the Realme 8 in India. The new software has firmware version RMX3085_11_A.19 and includes the July 2021 security patch. According to documentation, the July 2021 security patch fixes some 20 vulnerabilities related to privacy and security.
The update also tags along with optimizations in system performance overall system stability, brings the much appreciated Dynamic RAM expansion feature, fixes issues with the scroll bar and more. The update is based on Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11.
Realme 8 RMX3085_11_A.19 Changelog
- Adds the RAM expansion feature.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Fixes an issue where the scroll bar would sometimes disappear in File Manager.
- Fixes an issue where the screen would flicker when you rotate the screen to view photos shot with the screen locked.
- Fixes an issue where images received in some third-party apps could not be edited.
- Integrates the July 2021 Android security patch.
If you are a Realme 8 user in India, you might receive the update soon. If you don’t want to wait for the update, you can check for it manually by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install. You can also download the latest firmware update for your smartphone from realme’s firmware database and flash it manually.