Realme is on an update spree; After rolling out the Android 12 stable update for the Realme 8 Pro, the Realme GT Master Edition is now receiving the same treatment. After a brief Open Beta period, the stable Realme UI update atop Android 12 is now rolling out for the Realme GT Master Edition. Let’s take a closer look at the new stable Realme UI 3.0 update for the GT Master Edition, its features, changes and more.
Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 Now Available for the Realme GT Master Edition
The latest over-the-air update for Realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12 has started rolling out for both the Open beta and regular users of the GT Master Edition. Open Beta testers are receiving an update with a size of 296 MB; whereas, the users of GT Master Edition with Android 11 get a package sized at 5GB featuring build number RMX3360_11_C.05.
To receive the update, users have to make sure to update their smartphones to the RMX3360_11_A.10 / RMX3360_11. A.12. Users can expect a host of user interface changes, boost in performance and secure experience with the additionally added customization of new tools for privacy.
Realme GT Master Edition Realme UI 3.0 Changelog
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
- More creative Always-On Display: Adds realmeow and Portrait silhouette to let you freely express yourself.
- Convenience & efficiency
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
If you are a Realme GT Master Edition user, you can download the Android 12 update by heading over to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install. You can also download the latest firmware file from Realme’s firmware database and flash it manually.