Realme introduced the Realme 6 Pro running RealmeUI 1.0 based on Android 10, featuring a Snapdragon 720G Chip, a 6.6’ FHD+ IPS LCD with a 90Hz refresh rate panel, a decent-sized 4300mAh Battery with 30W Charger in the box. While the specifications seem really impressive on paper for a mid-range smartphone, the lack of proper software and hardware implementation in certain instances ruins the experience. Pixel smartphones have traditionally brought the best software experience on a smartphone, and interestingly you can bring it to your Realme 6 Pro smartphone. This post will guide you on how you can unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery, root Realme 6 Pro, and Install Pixel Experience ROM on the Realme 6 Pro for free. Also, read How to use Google Task Mate app on Android with Working Referral Code.
Realme 6 Pro Pixel Experience ROM Features:
- Clean and User-Friendly UI
The ROM features the much-loved Pixel Launcher, which is very user friendly with minimal or no bugs. The performance on this ROM is great, and the bonus of no Bloatware whatsoever in this.
- Easy to Install
The ROM is straightforward to install as well; one needs to flash the ROM, and they will be good to go. There’s no need for additional installation of GApps (Google Apps) as they come pre-installed with this ROM.
- Full Pixel Experience
As the name suggests, this ROM is based on Pixel Software, so users get all the same features as a Pixel phone. There are regular updates too, and newer variants of this ROM based on the newer Android version will also be available.
- Stable ROM
You can use this ROM as your Daily Driver as it is quite stable with minimal or no bugs.
- Realme 6 Pro
- A Laptop/PC for executing ADB commands.
- A USB cable for connecting the phone to PC/Laptop
- USB Drivers, Realme Unlock Tool, ROM file, VBmeta file, and TWRP Recovery.
Note: We do recommend you to take a complete backup as all the data from your smartphone will be erased upon flashing
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any bricked devices. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Realme 6 Pro:
To begin with, installing the ROM, one needs to unlock the bootloader device and flash a custom recovery. Here’s how to do so:
1. Enable USB Debugging
To enable USB Debugging, start by enabling Developer Options from the settings. Here’s How to do so:
- Open the Settings Panel on your Realme 6 Pro
- Navigate to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build Number 7 Times.
- Now, Head over to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
2. Unlock the Bootloader
The next step to reach the final destination of installing the ROM is to unlock the bootloader. Here’s how to do so:
- Start by downloading the Realme Unlock Tool and open the application/
- Next, click on Start Applying.
- Now, you need to check the disclaimer box and click on Submit the Application.
- Next up, your application will now be checked by Realme, and hence it may take a couple of hours for the process to complete. Once done, you’ll see a message stating “unlocking is successful” on the app.
- Open the application and tap on the “Start the in-depth test” button, and the device will reboot automatically.
- Now, you’ll notice a string being displayed on your screen fast boot_unlock_verify ok.
- Further, download and extract the provided SDK Tools on your machine, and connect your Realme 7 Pro to the PC using a USB C cable. Then follow the below-mentioned command to unlock the bootloader:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone has successfully booted into fastboot mode, enter the command and press Enter on the keyboard:
fastboot flashing unlock
- After the command has been executed, use the Volume Up keys on your phone and choose UNLOCK BOOTLOADER. This will wipe your data and reset the device.
3. Flash Vbmeta
Before installing a ROM on a Realme smartphone, we recommend you flash the VBmeta file on the smartphone to fix any compatibility issues. Here’s how to do so:
- Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable and open the Command Prompt
- Next, type in the following commands:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
Completing these steps will disable the Android Boot Verification and allow you to boot into a custom ROM.
4. Flash TWRP Recovery
One last step before flashing the ROM is to flash the custom recovery. For convenience, we will be using TWRP; Here’s how to flash TWRP on Realme 6 Pro:
- Download the TWRP .img file mentioned above
Now, need to connect your phone to your PC and enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Next, find and copy the name of the TWRP .img file that you selected and type in
fastboot flash recovery twrpfilename.img
- Finally, type the following command to reboot the device into Fastboot Mode
fastboot reboot recovery
5. Flash Pixel Experience ROM
Here comes the final process, which is to flash the ROM on your Realme 6 Pro:
- Reboot your phone into TWRP Mode by connecting it to the PC and typing in the following command:
- Now, go ahead to the Advanced Wipe menu and Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data.
- Next, head over to the Flash menu, select the file and confirm flashing by dragging the slider.
With this, the ROM should have successfully been flashed on your smartphone. Now head over and reboot your smartphone, and you should be good to go.
With that said, which is your favorite Custom ROM? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.