In the pandemic hit world, humans now rely on near-instant connectivity to perform a variety of tasks. As a result, even minor hiccups with our mobile internet can mount up to irritating roadblocks in the workplace, school, and everyday life. No one enjoys that, so hang with us as we walk you through this approach to get rid of your Airtel 4G SIM’s slow mobile internet.
Airtel is one of India’s top two telecom carriers, competing with Reliance Jio. Customers can use the company’s 4G internet and telephony services all around the country. Users may experience latency or other difficulties with your Airtel internet connection in certain situations. This can also happen if you utilise an Airtel SIM card in a new Android phone.
One of the reasons for this is when your Airtel APN settings are not preserved. Airtel provides a solution by allowing you to download updated Airtel 4G APN settings to your smartphone. In this post, let’s take a look at APN airtel settings and how you can set your airtel access point for fast and smooth internet access.
What is an APN?
The abbreviation APN stands for Access Point Name. The network parameters your smartphone needs to connect to your internet service provider are included in an APN. More precisely, it is a configuration on smartphones that the phone’s carrier uses to establish a connection to the carrier’s network’s internet gateway. The APN may be configured to make changes to the phone’s internet access.
How to Set Up Airtel APN For High-Speed Internet on Android?
Here are some of the ways using which you can set up Airtel APN settings on your Android smartphone.
How to Configure Airtel APN via SMS?
For users who do not wish to get involved in digging up the settings application on their smartphone, Airtel does provide a simple solution. If your Android smartphone does not already have Airtel 4G settings, you may obtain them by following these steps using an SMS.
- On your Android device, head over to the Messages application.
- Send the text ‘MO’ to 54321 via the chatbox.
- An SMS with the Airtel APN internet settings will be sent to you shortly.
- To make the changes permanent, click OK in the popup, restart your Android phone, and the Airtel 4G network should appear.
How to Configure an Airtel APN Using the Airtel Website?
Customers may also access their smartphone’s mobile internet settings from Airtel’s official website. Here’s how you can configure airtel apn settings via the company’s official website.
- Head over to this link (https://www.airtel.in/mobile-internet-setting) which will take you to Airtel’s official APN settings page.
- Here, all you have to do is type in your phone number and hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- Within a couple of minutes, on your Airtel mobile, you will get the settings by SMS. Save the settings as default.
How to Manually Add or Update Airtel 4G APN Settings on Android
If you’re running your Airtel SIM card on an Android smartphone, you also have the option to manually add or update the APN settings. Here’s how you can change the APN settings on Android:
- Go to the Mobile Networks section under the Settings application on your Android phone.
- Scroll down to Network & Internet menu and choose Mobile Network from the drop-down box.
- Find Access Point Names by clicking on the Airtel SIM (if you’re running a dual SIM smartphone).
- Next, edit the available information or create a new APN via the Add New APN box:
Save your changes and restart your Android phone; using this method, you should be able to get Airtel 4G back on your phone.
How to Configure Airtel APN on iOS for High-Speed Internet?
Fortunately, updating your iPhone’s APN settings is not essential; since iPhones and iPads automatically detect the Airtel APN and configure the internet connection on your device, this is the scenario. However, if this does not occur, you can do it manually.
- Start by connecting your iPhone to a wireless network.
- Navigate to unlockit.co.nz on your browser app.
- When the webpage loads, scroll down to the option to Create APN.
- From the drop-down menu, select Airtel.
- Finally, choose the option to ‘Create APN.’ You will be prompted to install the profile on the new page.
- To install Airtel APN settings, choose Install.
How Do I Check My Airtel 4G Internet Speed?
Now that you’ve managed to successfully set up a fast Airtel APN, here’s how you can check your airtel internet speeds on your phone.
- Start by visiting fast.com or SpeedTest by Ookla in a web browser.
- Upon opening the URL, tap on the Start Test button and wait for the service provider to check for internet speeds.
- Once the test is complete, you will be displayed your internet speed on your screen.
With this, you should have fast 4G internet running on your smartphone coupled with Airtel’s network. Do let us know your internet speeds by dropping a comment down below.