Realme recently introduced the Realme 9 series in India, and the Realme 9i is one of them. The Realme 9i comes with a new triple rear camera system comprising of a 50MP primary camera, a 2-megapixel depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 aperture and a third 2-megapixel macro camera.
However, Realme’s camera algorithm usually processes colours more towards the saturated side. While this is based on a variety of user choices, some users may still prefer a colour output that is similar to natural. This is where Google Camera for Realme 9i comes in handy.
Images captured by Google’s Pixel smartphones have natural colours and a wide dynamic range, rivalling many top smartphone cameras. Users may still enjoy this camera magic in your Realme 9i GCAM even if you don’t have a pixel, thanks to the developers who have ported the Google Camera APK for Realme 9i. In this article, let’s take a look at how you can download and install Google camera port APK on the realme 9i.
Google Camera for Realme 9i Features
Great Dynamic Range
Dynamic range is the ratio between the largest and smallest values that a certain quantity can assume. In simple words, an increase in dynamic range means you will see more details in the image, including better colours and skin tones. Google Camera has been widely praised for its Dynamic range performance, even from a mediocre camera sensor.
Impressive Portrait/Bokeh shots
In Portrait mode, the camera tries to create a depth of field effect, with which only the subject will be in focus, and the background will be blurred. Thanks to their huge sensor size, DSLR cameras are known for this feature. Google was able to replicate this effect into their Gcam, which many companies are still not even close to calling competition for GCAM. Realme’s camera hardware coupled with Google’s great dynamic range processing, the results are impressive portrait shots from GCam on the Realme 9i.
Night Mode and Astrophotography
Google Camera offers a fantastic Night mode that is still unrivalled in the industry. When you test it on your Realme 9i, you’ll be blown away by the experience. Google’s Night Sight Feature skills are taken to the next level with the Astrophotography mode.
Astrophotography allows you to capture the wonder of the night sky. Astrophotography is one of those features that must be seen firsthand to really appreciate its value.
Photo Sphere is a fun yet useful mode available in GCam for realme 9i. With this mode, users can capture a 360-degree picture of any place without a 360-degree camera.
Does Realme 9i Support Google Camera (GCAM)?
Before installing Google Camera in your Realme 9i, you need to make sure your phone has Camera2API support. While most smartphone manufacturers have enabled the option by default, which is the case with the realme 9i, here’s how you can find out whether or not your phone would be able to take advantage of all the features of GCAM.
- Open Playstore and search for Camera2 API Probe and download the application.
- After installing, open the app, where you will see lots of options.
- Among the options, look for a check/tick mark next to the LEVEL_3 found next to the Hardware Support Level.
- If you see a check/tick mark, it means you can use a Google camera on your smartphone.
Download Google Camera APK for Realme 9i
The Google Camera app is available on the Google Play Store for Pixel Smartphone owners. Other brands, on the other hand, will require you to first download the APK and then install it on their smartphone. Here’s where you can find the download link for realme 9i’s GCAM APK.
How to Install Google Camera APK on Realme 9i
- Start with downloading the Gcam APK file from the link provided above. Next, head over to the Downloads folder under the File manager application.
- If you are installing an app outside of Playstore for the first time, a new warning window will appear, which asks you to give permission to install from Unknown Sources. Disable the warning by tapping on the Settings button and turning on the toggle in the pop-up.
- Now, go back and tap on the APK to install. Wait for a couple of seconds until you see the Open option.
That said, how has your experience been with Google Camera for the realme 9i? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.